head

Sunday, February 10, 2019

Shopping list for a VIPkid or GoGoKid Teacher


My list of must have items for the VIPkid/GogoKid teacher
These items are must haves to get you started on your journey to being an online teacher

Calendar

This calendar is a LIFESAVER. There is so much conversation to be had. Day, weather, feelings, seasons, dates. It is the perfect warm up or extension!

Warm up-feelings

When you start each class you are supposed to ask the students basic warm up questions such as, "How are you!?" Students will usually answer in one of two ways, "I am happy/fine." This is a great place to stretch their vocabulary. I like to use emojis to incite different emotions than just happy/fine. I discovered this moods flip book and that has become my go to with new students to pick out a good mood!

Flash Cards



Of all the things I have purchased, flash cards are my number one go to when it comes to extension. You can ask them to identify the pictures, to read the words, ask questions about the cards (ie. what color, guess what it is, do you like it, what is the opposite, etc...). I also put my cards alphabetically in this organizer, which keeps them nice and neat. 

Calendar

You are going to want a puppet! Trust me on this one. You will use it in so many instances. Teaching the students how to have conversations, teaching the students when it is there turn to talk, getting littles attention. 


Fake Microphone

I use a fake microphone EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. in my classroom. I use it when singing the warm up songs, to teach the kiddos when I want them to answer (I hold the microphone up to the screen), and so many other great uses.

Fake Food
 

Lots, and I mean LOTS, of the lessons for both VIPKid and GoGoKid are about food. I have used my food props more times than I can count and am no disappointed in the investment!

Classroom Environment 


You need to have a pleasing and educational background. I started out with a felt board that I kept felt pieces and letters on. Now I switch between a wall that has fake wood paper on it and using my green screen to transport me anywhere in the world!

Lighting

Oh my gosh you guys! Both companies are STICKLERS for having the correct lighting at ALL TIMES. I use a floor lamp that bends so I can prevent shadows and a selfie light clipped on my computer.

Headphones

BOTH companies require you to have a headset with speaker (before you even interview I believe). Do yourself a favor and get a comfortable pair!

Rewards


If you are old school and like to use a tangible reward, these two options are great! Each time a kiddo does something good, let them choose a piece of food to put on the plate or a different flavor of ice cream to place on the cone!

Felt Pieces 
These are not a necessity, but if you end up getting a felt board they are really great! 

GoGo Kid Trial Props
If you get assigned trials you are going to want to convert those trial customers into regulars. Not only do you get an incentive bonus, but you also could gain a new student! I have props for each of the big lessons. Here are a few ideas!

It is red
Go around your house and collect red and blue items into a bag. Pull them out and ask the student, "What is it?!"

Apple and Banana

Toys 
Musical Band


No comments:

Post a Comment