head

Monday, February 11, 2013

typo effects

I found this site today that I thought could be interesting in the classroom in a few different ways.

The site is: www.typoeffects.com 

You can upload a picture and it will place words of your choosing to generate your picture with words!

I like this site rather than others that I have seen a lot on Pinterest because it still retains the colors of the picture AND it is easier to read the words/see the original picture. 

I thought that it could be used at the start of the year for students to introduce themselves to the class (Instead of using tagxedo)   
I only used three words for this picture, but I was just playing around with the program. 
-or-

Students could use it with book covers or characters and write words associated with them
Harry Potter

-or-
Perhaps I could have students choose an image and write words associated with that image and then write on the following prompt:
 People say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Do you believe them? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment