head

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

To Kill a Mockingbird

I just wanted to share the coolest thing!

My advanced class has been spending the last month reading and working on a To Kill a Mockingbird project. It was due today and one of my girls crocheted a mockingbird and put it on the cover of her project. Isn't it the greatest thing ever? (no hyperboles here) 

Also, it is teacher appreciation week so a shout out to all of the teachers who read my blog!

I hope that this week brings you some stress free teaching days and maybe a few goodies. 

Two of my students actually gave me gifts today (a first!) 

One girl baked chocolate chip cookies!

One girl got me a day planner, some highlighters, a candle, and a really sweet and funny letter that I thought I would share:

Dear Ms. Potter,

Happy Teacher Appreciation week! Even though we've had a lot of disagreements, ups and downs, smacks and spats, and so on, you're a great teacher. I love how you make it your job to always get on my nerves to see my shocked facial expressions. Well, not really, but whatever floats your boat. Anyway, I know this isn't much, but I hope you like it and enjoy a week all about celebrating you and the other teachers. Oh, and one last thing, JEAHHHH!

Love your favorite student no matter what lie you try to say!

This particular student and I recently got into a conversation about the Ryan Lochte show and his ridiculous catch phrase, "JEAH!" so she likes to use it around me quite often because she knows I HATE it. 

I hate to admit it, but I will miss a few (not all, but a few) of these kids next year and the inside jokes we have cultivated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment