head

Monday, August 19, 2013

I get by with a little help.....

Today was a fine day with the kids, but MAN was it hot in my room. 

I mean the sun itself must be cooler than my hallway today. 

It makes NO sense because it was 68 degrees outside and the 8th level of hell in my classroom. 

By 9 AM I was covered in sweat, my hair was soaked through, and I thought I was going to pass out. 

The teachers on my hallway put in to requests to the maintenance department and we spoke to the principal to no avail. 

There has to be something in the Geneva Convention about extreme levels of heat. If there is not, I should start a petition because it is just cruel and unusual punishment. 

I'm still a little nauseous just thinking about it. 

***************************************
On another note, I have not been able to purchase new books for my classroom library in about 4 years. I have had to use all my extra money to purchase class sets of novels and the upkeep on those novels. 

I've been able to add to it a little here and there over the years, but it gets really pricey. I shelled out a big chunk of change this summer to buy as many Bluford High books as I could afford. 

However, my classroom library is really quite pitiful. 

I would like to be able to surround my kids with fun books for them to check out so they can begin to learn that reading can be exciting. 

I have created a DonorsChoose project for my classroom and was hoping that some of my lovely readers would perhaps like to donate a little for my kids!

I am going to try to send the link to my parents as well but I know that they really don't have a lot to spare either.   

Anyway, I'm just throwing it out there!

My kids, and I would love you for it....AND you would get thank you cards from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment