head

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Friendship Goals

So in case you don't know about this blog I felt it was my duty to educate you:


I discovered her blog when I was going through one of my REALLY rough patches. 

She is so similar to me, and has so many of the same thoughts, that I started to wonder if maybe she really WAS me. 

Perhaps I was  having enough of a psychotic break that I didn't remember starting an entirely new blog.

Then I realized that this girl was a lot funnier than me. 

I think that if she and I met it would be the start of a beautiful friendship (As long as she isn't too bubbly and can understand that my face is just my face)

An excerpt from one of her most recent posts that made me laugh:

First year teaching VS. Fifth year teaching

Teaching will be just like Freedom Writers or Dead Poets Society!

Teaching is a mix of Cast Away, Children of the Corn, Mary Poppins, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Star Wars, The Sound of Music, Mr. Holland's Opus, Whiplash, Harry Potter, and Snakes on a Plane.

100% Snakes on a Plane

Awhile ago she also came up with an AMAZING week-long lesson based on "This American Life" which is what I listened to on the way to and from my 38 minute commute to my new job (When I wasn't hysterically sobbing, seething in rage, or listening to Ed Sheeran).


If you are still teaching and get a chance I would totally suggest looking over her student appreciation week lessons....and the rest of her blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment