head

Thursday, June 11, 2015

How to watch Youtube videos if your school blocks Youtube


I still cannot believe that some schools still block Youtube for teachers. That is just utterly ridiculous. 

Fortunately, there is a simple work around that teachers can use!

Step 1:
First thing you need to do is decide what video clip you want to use. Go to Youtube.com and find a clip that suits your needs.


Step 2 & 3:
Copy the Youtube link and head to the site: keepvid.com
Paste the link in the white box and click "Download"

 Step 4: 
 Your downloading options will appear below. I generally download the highest quality MP4 files because those are compatible with most video players! (Click the type of file you want to download)

 Step 5: 
Once you click it, one of two things will happen.
           a. It will ask where you want to save it on your computer.
           b. A little window like the one below will pop up.

If option a:

  1. Choose a suitable place
  2. Name it something simple
  3. Wait for it to download!

If option b:

  1. Copy the text in the little box
  2. Right click the file type you want to download
  3. Choose a suitable place
  4. Name it what you copied
  5. Wait for it to download!


Step 6: 
Once it is saved you should be able to click the file and it should automatically play using a compatible video player!

It is super simple! It has become second nature to me at this point. My school doesn't block Youtube, but at the end of the year when testing is happening they limit internet usage so I take a lot of my clips to school on a flash drive. 

Things you might be interested in: 





4 comments:

  1. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… Try BRSM company

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! for profit from advertising in my instagram I tried for a long time to promote my blog. as a result, I found an article explaining how to quickly promote a blog in instagram. read :) gain Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. How To Optimize YouTube Video Descriptions

    ReplyDelete