head

Monday, June 1, 2015

Staples Engineering Prints

Last summer I decided that I wanted to re-do my bedroom. 

I painted the room purple, which i've always wanted to do, but the big thing I wanted was prints for my walls. 

I did a lot of research and man were prints expensive in the sizes that I wanted!

Finally, I learned about Staples Engineering Prints

They are super cheap, and actually print really nicely (even though the website claims they are not intended for photos). 

Take a look at how mine turned out (Don't mind the mess, this was still in the putting back together phase).







How I did it:
After my prints came in the mail, I went to Lowes and found This.

All I did was trace the print on the insulation board, cut it with a regular box cutter, and paint the edges of it with a Paint Sample that accented my walls. 

The last step was gluing the print to the insulation board. I liked this spray the best because I could reposition the print in case I didn't line it up just so. After I got it stuck on the board I pulled back each of the corners and used a glue stick to make sure it was really glued down. 

Then I hung them on the wall with Command strips!

I love how they turned out (especially the ones of my pups!) and for a fraction of the cost of what it would have cost!

I was thinking about getting some of my favorite quotes printed and hanging them in my classroom this fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment