head

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Say what? Onomatopoeia humor


My students were recently completing my Zombies Paired Passages Activity. As I was monitoring the students answers, I told a student that she needed to be more descriptive about exactly how a zombie sounds. She told me she had no idea how to describe how a zombie sounds. I told her to try to think of what one sounds like in her head and then figure out what onomatopoeia that would be.

One of my other students popped her hand up and said, "I would say that it sounds like a student who doesn't know the answer to a question the teacher just asked.  Ummmm Ummmm Ummmm!"

Lemme tell you this had me rolling...and still does actually! 

If you are interested in the activity my students were completing when this humorous exchange happened, click the picture below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment