head

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I know i've got it when....

I use my classroom chalkboard in my classroom for a plethora of things:

Journal Questions
Reminders
Random Fact of the Day
Daily Agenda
Daily SOL
Exit Slips
Dead Words

I am thinking about changing up my board for next year. 

I am thinking about taking away my "dead words" and adding this section:
"I know I've got it when..." 

The way I see it working is if the agenda says:
TSW: Identify foreshadowing in Roald Dahl's "The Landlady"


The I Know I've Got it When section could say:
I can recognize at least 80% (or five instances) of foreshadowing in short stories on my own


Let me try another example

If the agenda says:
TSW: Identify and utilize figurative language


The I Know I've Got it When section could say:
I can define and give examples of:
Simile
Metaphor
Personification
Hyperbole
Alliteration
Onomatopoeia 


I figured this might be nice for kids to see

It would also be nice to try to write it in more kid friendly language

No comments:

Post a Comment