head

Monday, June 29, 2015

Cell Jail


I decided to make a cell phone "jail" for my classroom this fall.  It is true that I do allow students to listen to music on their phones at certain times during class with specific rules.

My Phone Rules:
  1. iPods/phones are only allowed during individual work time.
  2. I must have expressly stated you may use them.
  3. No one should be able to hear ANY sound from your iPod/phone.
  4. You must have your music set to a playlist (meaning you cannot be scrolling through anything. It must be playing a playlist and on your desk not being touched)
  5. If I signal that it is time to pay attention and rejoin the group, they must be immediately put away. 
  6. If any of these rules are broken iPods/phones will no longer be allowed in the classroom
 However, I am tired of the sneaky texting, selfie taking, and general annoyance when kids decide to break my already lenient cell phone rules. 

Starting this fall, if students are caught "illegally" using their phone and breaking classroom law, it will be taken and put into "Cell Jail"

Once I confiscate the contraband it will be placed in jail and the student will be given a parole card. The parole card will explain the cell phones "sentence" depending on how many times they have committed the offense

  1. If it is their first offense, I will be lenient and give the phone back after class. 
  2. If it is their second offense, they will get their phone back at the end of the day. 
  3. If it is their third (or beyond) offense: Their phone will be taken to the office. 


To make my jar I used (all from Wal Mart):
  1. A square shaped hinge jar 
  2. Black electrical tape
  3. Pink sparkly skull stickers
  4. Silver alphabet letters



 





 Vista Print Template for Parole Cards:

4 comments:

  1. How did you find this worked for you this past year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the kind of topics post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!
    RegardS: jail booking codes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Check it out here: cell phone deals

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog that was published is excellent and has a fascinating subject. I appreciate you creating this blog. There are numerous different eye diseases and vision problems. Some conditions have no known cures, while many others can be treated. I recommend reading this blog post about color vision deficiency to learn more about different eye conditions. I'm grateful.

    ReplyDelete