head

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Using music for transitions in the classroom



So I think that this year I am going to use music for transitions in my classroom. 

I have found several online alarm clocks that use Youtube videos, so the possibilities are endless!








To begin class
I figure that I will set one alarm when we begin our bell ringer. Students will know that once the song ends, there bell ringer better be done! I've decided that I am going to use my last name to my advantage and use the Harry Potter score as my bell ringer music because it is approximately five minutes long. I also think that since it is a film score without lyrics it will not be distracting as the students work. (Added bonus it will get the kids feeling like hers before class starts!)

A few other good options for an opening class song:

Pirates of the Caribbean

Jurassic Park

Harry Potter


My Heart Will go on Instrumental 

Moving groups
Because I have the students break out into learning groups so often and/or switch desks to different stations, I needed some short songs for transition. I figure that theme songs would be a great tool for this time!

Some options for short theme songs for transitions:


Bill Nye the Science Guy 

Fuller House


The Real Ghostbusters Cartoon


Duck Tales

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Exit Tickets
During exit ticket time I would like to have another instrumental piece to play so students know how long they have. I found these great violinists on Youtube that cover current popular songs and I think they would be perfect for this time!

Rhett Price




Daniel Jung




 Ending Class
During the last 2 or so minutes of class when students are picking up or packing up, I thought this would be a good time to have some educational songs so that the time is not wasted. 



Flocabulary Songs


Tour the United States


The 44 Presidents


Tour the world (this would take two days)

School House Rock Videos!

I am super excited about using music transitions in my classroom this year. Have any of you used music as a transition piece before? If so, what did you use and how did it go?

5 comments:

  1. When you opt for our Spotify promotion campaign, you’ll ensure that your songs are included in the most influential playlists based on your music genre! Spotify Promotion Campaign

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their expectation will increase if the songs are hit. tamil songs There were many films which done well only with the help of songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Griselda Type Beats

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post pls chek hre https://www.unilyrics.com/

    ReplyDelete